MFT - Warm Wishes and Sunny Smiles

Monday, August 1, 2016
Happy Monday crafty friends! Today I'm going to share my card for My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #291. It has been a long time since the last challenge I entered which was back in early June. Yikes!! Well this past weekend all I  did was craft, I had so many ideas in my head that I couldn't stop making cards. It felt really good because the past couple weeks I haven't been in the mood. If I didn't have to work today I would have stayed up all night just making cards. Anyway here's my card for the challenge.
All products are from My Favorite Things, the stamp is by Birdie Brown Polynesian Paradise. I wanted to make a beautiful sunset scene with the hula girl dancing on the sand so this is what I came up with. By the way I'm from Hawaii and it's true that we have one of the most beautiful sunsets and beaches in the world. I don't live there at the moment but my parents and siblings are still there so Hawaii will always be my home.
I kept the card fairly simple and true to the sketch template. For the background and sun I used Tim Holtz distress inks and blend it until I got a desired sunset sky and sand. The girl was colored with copic markers. For dimension I used foam tape on the girl and sun. The sentiment was stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink and that completes my card.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Big Hugs!!

No comments