PPP - Friend like you

Friday, May 12, 2017

Hello there! I'm back with another Pretty Pink Posh project. The inspiration behind this card was the sentiment from the Thoughtful Greetings stamp set "I thank my lucky stars for a friend like you." I used the adorable bear and butterflies from Woodland Critters. I knew I was going to make a night scene so here's what my card look like.




First I die cut my panel with a stitched rectangle then cut it again using the Stitched Notes die. Since this is a night scene I wanted to add the moon. I did this by cutting a piece of masking tape (or you could use a post it notes) using a small circle die. I placed the circle where I want the moon to be and then I distress the panel with cracked pistachio, lucky clover, salty ocean, and faded jeans. Use a light hand when distressing around the circle this will give you a glowing moon effect. I splashed some water and white watercolor for texture. I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder and for added dimension I used the tiny star die from the Stitched Essentials 1.

I colored my images with copic markers then fussy cut the butterflies and bear. I used the coordinating die for the flowers. I glued the inside panel onto my card base but I used foam tape for the outer panel so it is slightly raised. I also adhered the images with foam tape and added clear wink of stella onto the butterflies and flowers.

Hope you enjoy this card. Thank you so much for coming by my blog today! Hugs!!

No comments