You're a super star

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Hello Hello! Today I'm sharing my card for the Lawn Fawnatics challenge 83: Make the Sentiment the Star. Here's my entry, I hope you like it. For more details on how I made this card, keep on reading. 

First I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock from Trinity Stamps slimline stitched card panels and windows. As you can see I created a galaxy background to set my images. I inked the panel using distress inks in picked raspberry, wilted violet, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire and black soot. I splattered some water with a small brush. I also diluted some of the inks to splatter onto the panel and Gansai Tambi white gold for more interest. 

While I let my card panel air dry I worked on coloring the images. I stamped Lawn Fawn Super Star stamp set in milk chocolate ink then color them with copic markers. I grabbed a few images from other sets, the standing mouse is from Dandy Day and the moon is from Out of this World. I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out. I also die cut a few clouds from Meadow backdrop to ground the critters. 

Next I worked on the sentiment, since this is a sentiment challenge I wanted to make it stand out. I cut out the letters "STAR" using Oliver's stitched from white cardstock (3x) and black cardstock. For the rest of the sentiment I heat embossed them on black cardstock. I adhered the images using a combination of liquid glue and foam tape for dimension. Finally I adhered the panel onto the pink cardstock which was cut from Trinity Stamp Scallops and Banners. 

That is all for me today, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments

  1. this is so pretty! i looooooove the colors in the sky!! and the sweet mice images are soooooo lovely and sweet!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete