Happy Day

Thursday, February 25, 2021


Hey friends! I have a new card to share today and I was inspired by the current Lawn Fawnatics sketch challenge. Here is my take on it.



As you can see I used mostly die cuts and I'm quite please with how this card came out. I will list all the dies I used at the end of this post. 

For my card panel I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock at slightly bigger than A2 size. For the sky I ink blended kitsch flamingo then used MFT cloud stencil with the same color. Just below the pink sky I blended cracked pistachio. Then for the grass I used a combination of mowed lawn and shabby shutters. I splattered some water on the background using a small paint brush. For more interest I diluted mowed lawn and kitsch flamingo with some water and flicked it on the panel. Once the panel was dry I cut it using the largest rectangle from MFT A2 stitched rectangle.


Before adhering the dies onto the panel I decided to add faces onto the flowers and sun. I stamped the faces with hybrid brown ink and kitsch flamingo for the cheeks. I think this gave the images more character and made them even more cuter, don't you think? Lawn Fawn has a lot of stamps with faces so check out your stash to see what you have. Next I placed foam tape on the back of the dies to give it dimension. Then I stamped the sentiment from Butterfly Kisses on a light pink cardstock and cut it with a fishtail banner. Finally I adhered the panel on MFT petite gingham pattern paper and attached it to a top folding card base.

I hope this card will inspire you to create with die cuts. I had fun putting this card together and I was also able to use up some of my scrap paper so that was a bonus. Thankyou for stopping by, till next time happy crafting!! 
 
Products used:
Lawn Fawn Meadow Backdrop Landscape for the butterflies
Lawn Fawn Meadow Backdrop Portrait for the clouds
Lawn Fawn Foursquare Backdrop Portrait for the sun
Lawn Fawn Flower and Sun add-on 
Lawn Fawn Stitched Flower frame for the flower stem
Lawn Fawn Big Acorn and Caramel Apple stamp set for the faces 



3 comments

  1. Such a wonderful and summery card!! I love your soft colors and beautiful diecuts! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete