Spring Blooms Stencil

Friday, March 26, 2021

Hi guys! We made it to the end of the week and I have another project to share using the new Spring Blooms stencil from Penguin Palace Stamps.

If you haven't tried the 360 stencil tool yet I encourage you to try it out, it's so easy to line up the stencil and create beautiful designs. Check out the Penguin Palace for a video tutorial. To be honest I was intimidated at first  but after a while I got used to it and tried the stencil on different size cardstock. In the end I used a 6x6 cardstock to show the whole design. 

To start I used my paper trimmer to cut the paper from Bristol smooth cardstock. I used the new Spring Blooms stencil and although the alignment marker is meant for every 60 degree mark I wanted to add more of the big pink blooms so I decided to use the 30 degree instead. There was overlapping so I had to be strategic and make sure I didn't ink blend on the open area where it overlaps.  
I used kitsch flamingo, peacock feathers, shaded lilac and lucky clover distress oxide inks. After I completed the design I inked the edges with kitsch flamingo to give it some interest. For the sentiment I heat embossed on the new pink cardstock from Penguin Palace and adhere it with foam tape. The sentiment is from the new stamp set called Bond with nature Canada, I masked off some of the words. I matted the panel onto the new teal cardstock and for final touch I added some jewels from my stash. 

Thanks so much for stopping by I really appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend!!
 

No comments