Dreaming of places to go

Friday, April 30, 2021


Hello there! Are you dreaming of traveling again or do you like staying home? For me I love to travel and experience other people's culture, food, and see historic places. I also like to stay home where I can cook in my own kitchen, sleep in my own bed and of course my happy place for crafting. 
I created this card to showcase beautiful places to travel to. I used a bunch of new stamp sets from Penguin Palace. 
I love using the polaroid dies from the Twist-N-Pop interactive dies to create my little scenes. For interest I ink blended the background with distress oxide inks (from top to bottom): shaded lilac, kitsch flamingo, speckled egg, abandoned coral, mustard seed, dusty concord and festive berries. 
I stamped some images from the following stamp sets: Enchanting Paris, Mysterious Egypt and Aloha Hawaii. I cut them out using their coordinating dies. I thought the sentiment from Mysterious Egypt was fitting for this card because traveling from place to place is a journey and they can be many miles away.
I adhered the polaroids on top of a blue patterned paper cut from the slimline dotted die. I overlapped the polaroids so I could fit all 3 of them and made sure I'm not blocking any of the scenes. Finally I added a few hearts and clear sequins embellishment. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful adventure on your next vacation!

No comments