Frightfully Sweet - My Favorite Things

Wednesday, October 31, 2018


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
I enjoy creating Halloween cards due to the rich darker colors and of course using cute critters dressed in their costumes. I have two cards to share today. For my first card I used the Frightfully Sweet stamp set from My Favorite Things. 
 



I ink blended the background using distress oxides in the colors dusty concord, barn door, worn lipstick, and abandoned coral. I darkened the edges with black soot and also splattered it to add texture. 
To make my scene I cut black cardstock using the birch trees and grassy edges dienamics. I colored the critters with copic markers and cut them using their coordinating dies.
I assembled all the elements like so and adhered them using foam tape and liquid glue. For the sentiment I heat embossed it in white embossing powder. Lastly I added several clouds cut from vellum.
That completes my first card, check out my second post for another Halloween inspiration. Thanks for stopping and have a safe Halloween!!

No comments