Dream Big

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hello everyone! I'm back with another slimline box card inspiration. 
I cut all the pieces I needed for the scene. I used colored cardstock for the base and Bristol smooth for the panels to do some ink blending. I used distress oxide inks in salvage patina, salty ocean, and blueprint sketch to create a nighttime sky. I also darkened the edges with black soot. To create more interest I used Perfect Pearls and some water with a small paint brush to flick onto the panel. 

Next I colored the images from Wish Upon a Star stamp set. I colored them using copic markers and cut them out with their coordinating dies. 
Next I assembled the box card and arranged the images. There's a lot of room to add multiple images but be sure you don't block each other. I adhered them using liquid glue and acetate for the floating elements. For the sentiment I die cut the letters from the Letterboard dies out of navy cardstock. This box card fold flat and will fit nicely in a slimline envelope, just make sure the images are not higher than the back panel or hanging off on the sides. I made that mistake on my card but it's fine with me because this card will probably just be on display in my craft room.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend. I'll be back soon. Hugs!! 

Products Used:
Mama Elephant Wish Upon a Star stamps
Mama Elephant Wish Upon a Star coordinating dies
Mama Elephant Letterboard dies
Mama Elephant Slim Scenescape Builder dies
Mama Elephant Slim Scenescape Rainbow add-on dies
Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock


 

No comments