I'm Back!

Saturday, July 16, 2016
Hello crafty friends! I'm back from my business trip. Today I will be sharing all the cards I have posted on my Instagram. I won't go into details as to how I created it since I have a lot of cards to cover but if you have any questions feel free to email me. Let's get started! Btw this might take awhile so sit back relax, grab a drink and enjoy!

First up is this card using all My Favorite Things products. The dies and stamps were released in June. I was looking for a birch tree die for such a long time so when I saw this release I knew I had to get it. It's perfect and versatile! I wanted to create a forest scene using the critters from Sweet Forest Friends stamp set. They're absolutely adorable and goes well with the Forest Friends stamp set also by MFT stamps.
I love how this card turned out especially with the background. I used MFT premium die inks but I apologize I did not write down the colors. I promise I'll recreate it again because I love the color combo so much. All the stamp images were colored with Copic markers. I added foam tape behind each element for dimensions.
 

 Here's a closer look!
 
 
  The next card is one that I quickly came up with before I left on my business trip.
 

Interactive cards are soo popular now and a lot of companies are coming up with dies to make it easier for you to do it. I don't do a lot of interactive cards and I'm not really sure why. They're super fun to make and they're really cool! I used several stamp sets from MFT Ewe are the Best and Hog Heaven. I wanted the pig flying across the sky and the sheep looking up wondering where is this pig going. I used snow marker by Marvy Uchida to add faux fur on the sheep. When you push down on the marker liquid will come out, you just need a small amount then you use a heating tool and it will puff up to make it look like snow but works well as fur as you can see. 
 
 To finish the card I added some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
Moving on I made this card using Lawn Fawn stamps. I made an underwater scene using the Mermaid for you stamp set which is adorable but I'm sure you already knew that. :)
Ok if you haven't notice by now I love making my own background and this one is probably one of my favorite. I used a stencil by MFT stamps and distressed it with salty ocean, mermaid lagoon, and peacock feathers. Here's an up close look.
For the frame of the card I used Madison Avenue creative cut from Mama Elephant. I like the scallop edges and thought it would work great with the scallop background. Lastly I embellished it with small bubbles from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
Phew half way there, I hope you're still with me. Next is this card again with the water theme. The girl on the donut floater is a stamp by Love Cynthia. I wanted the girl to be floating in the pool just relaxing and getting a tan. I wish this girl was me right now minus the two piece bikini. LOL! 
 
 
I made this card into a shaker using sequins from none other than Pretty Pink Posh. I love these iridescent sequins, the colors are so gorgeous!! I just love it and will keep buying them. I hope you're enjoying my projects so far. I have a few more to go!
 
Next card is this one! I used the Under the Weather stamp set by Clearly Besotted. I made this card because my daughter had a fever the day before I left. Worst timing right? I hated leaving her while she wasn't feeling well but my husband stepped in and took good care of her. YAY for awesome spouses!! 
I wanted each stamp to have their own frame and the story book die from Pretty Pink Posh was perfect. I distressed each box using the colors picked raspberries, wild honey, tumbled glass and cracked pistachio. 
 
  I also die cut the scallop frame by Mama Elephant in black cardstock. I think the black frame added a nice touch to the card.
 
We have come to the end of my longest post ever. I hope you're not tired of seeing my cards yet because I have one more to share. This time I created a birthday theme using the Caped Cuties by Clearly Besotted. Again I used story book die from Pretty Pink Posh. I distressed it with dusty concord, picked raspberries and wilted violet. I heat embossed the stars and also added star diecuts here and there.

Here's a closer look. That is all the cards I posted on Instagram while I was away.

 If you have any questions about any of my cards please email me at gdmarcel1@gmail.com.
 I hope you like them! Until next time have a great weekend everyone and thank you so much for sticking around to the end. Big hugs!!


 
 

No comments