MFT - Birthday Bear Hugs

Friday, July 29, 2016
Hello everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday as it has been a rough week for me. My daughter got sick from camping last weekend so I have missed a couple days of work to care for her. On top of that she got me sick but fortunately we are both feeling a lot better. I loaded up on Vitamin C and drank tea with honey which has worked wonders for me every time! Unfortunately I didn't have the energy or mood to craft so I wanted to post these cards that I shared last week on my Instagram (crafty_m0chi). I definitely went out of my comfort zone on these cards but overall they turned out great!
I used MFT stamps (surprise) the Beary Special Birthday set. I wanted the bear to be surrounded with lots of presents and you can see him peeking out of the big box! To do this I used the masking technique and for the first time I made a one layer card.
I made the blue card first and I loved how it turned out so I decided to make one for a girl. The masking technique was fairly easy for me to do. I don't have step by step process but there are a lot of videos on YouTube that go into details. After stamping all the images where I want them I used Copic markers to color them. 
For the purple card I used MFT premium dye inks in grape jelly and razzle berry for the background. For the blue card I used tumbled glass distress ink.
I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder and I also added star sequins which I think is from Martha Stewart.
 
Thanks for reading! Have a good day!

No comments