TGF - You Shore Are Sweet

Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Good morning everyone! Here's a card I made using the new mermaid stamp by The Greeting Farm. Isn't she gorgeous? I have been a fan of The Greeting Farm stamp for awhile now and I always love coloring them. They carry a lot of adorable boy and girl stamps but now they have critters too. I was intimidated to color them at first because of their hair. Coloring hair is probably one of the hardest to learn when you first use Copic markers. I practiced a lot with the browns and then I got brave and started coloring with shades of blue, pink, purple, and green.



With this card I wanted to use yellow shades. Believe it or not this was my first try using the color combos and I really like how it turned out. I didn't want to make this card too busy so I kept it pretty simple even though some might not agree. LOL! For me this is simple, I added shimmer on her hair using Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen and diamond stickles to her tail. For the background I used Mama Elephant Columbus Circle die I distressed the negative with Picked Raspberry and Broken China. I also distressed the card panel with mustard seed. I put foam tape on the entire back of the card panel and adhered it to the base of my card. I then heat embossed the sentiment with silver. To finish off my card I added sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments