Make a Splash - Hello Bluebird

Saturday, August 10, 2019
Hello friends and welcome back to my blog. Aah Summer is almost over. I've had a busy Summer this year with traveling for work and vacation. I'm currently on another business trip as I'm writing this post. It seems like each time I get back into card making I'm off to go somewhere else. I managed to play with some of my new goodies before I left so I wanted to share them.

For this card I used the Beach Babes set from Hello Bluebird. This little piggies are having a blast at the beach and basking in the hot sun. I know it's been a hot summer in my area, we hit 98 degrees on some days but really felt like over 100 with the humidity. Although I grew up in Hawaii and enjoy the beach I can't stand being out there in the heat. I'd rather stay home, relax and cool off with the AC on. LOL!
I created the background using distress oxide inks: salty ocean, peacock feathers, tea dye, and vintage photo. To add texture to the sand I splattered some vintage photo diluted with water and copic opaque white paint. 


I added a couple elements from other stamp sets that I previously colored. The bird is from Hippos on a Holiday and the sun is from Springtime both by Hello Bluebird. I colored the images with copic markers and cut them out using their coordinating dies. For the sentiment I heat embossed on navy cardstock. Lastly I framed the panel using My Favorite Things Tiny Check Paper pack.

I hope you like this card. I had so much coloring these images. Stay cool in this hot weather. Till next time, thanks so much for stopping by!!

2 comments