Aloha - Mama Elephant

Friday, August 16, 2019

Hello friends! It's Friday or as we say in Hawaii happy aloha Friday. If you have been reading my blog posts the past couple days I mentioned I have been traveling a lot this summer. I'm currently in Hawaii for the past week on another business trip. This is actually my 3rd time this year coming to Hawaii for work, it's rough but someone has to do it. Luckily that person is me, lol! =) I thought it would be fitting to share this card today so I hope you like it.

I have been admiring a lot of beach scenes from all the talented cardmakers so I was inspired to create one. For this card I used an older stamp set from Mama Elephant called Summer Days. I stamped all the images with MFT milk chocolate ink and colored them with Copic markers. Then I cut them out using their coordinating dies.
For the card panel I cut 8.25" x 5.25 " from Bristol smooth card stock. I created the beach scene using distress oxides inks: tea dye and vintage photo for the sand, salty ocean and peacock feathers for the ocean, and broken china for the sky.
I arranged all the sweet critters sitting on the sand just hanging out at the beach making sand castles, eating sweet treats, and drinking cold refreshment. Sounds nice doesn't it? I added more elements from the set to create my beach scene. Definitely reminded me of Hawaii with the palm trees and clear blue water.
I adhered all the elements with foam tape for dimension and also added highlights using a white gel pen. Finally for my sentiment I cut the aloha word die multiple times in white card stock. To make the sentiment stand out I cut the aloha word die again in MFT summer splash card stock to make the shadow.

I had so much fun creating this scene and I love how it turned out. I hope you do too. Mahalo for stopping by my blog today. Till next time, aloha and have a great weekend!!

No comments