Cool Friend

Friday, January 8, 2021



Hello there! I'm back to share another card with you. If you know me I like creating scenes and using pretty color combinations. Today's card features these two favorite of mine and I hope you like it.  


I cut a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock in A2 size and began ink blending the background. I used wilted violet, picked raspberry and spiced marmalade distress oxide inks. I diluted wilted violet and picked raspberry with some water to splatter onto the background. I also used Gansai starry watercolors for the falling snow. 


I colored all the images using copic markers and cut them out using their coordinating dies. These snowmen are from an older Hello Bluebird stamp set called Frosty Littles. I had some trees that I colored previously so I end up using them on this card. Since the Frosty Littles does not have any sentiments I borrowed from other sets. I white heat embossed the word "TO A COOL" onto black cardstock. Then I die cut the word Friend multiple times from navy cardstock, this is from the Hello Friend dies. 


Next I cut a frame from the Gallery frame #2 out of white cardstock. I added a snow hill and inked the edges with a little bit of tumbled glass distress ink. I adhered all the images with a combination of liquid glue and double sided foam tape for dimension. For the final touch I added highlights with a white gel pen and stickles on the trees.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Happy crafting!!

No comments