Sending you a smile- Mama Elephant

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hi friends! Thanks for coming back to my blog. I hope you are all doing well! I have missed sharing my creations with you. I recently moved to a new house and I also started a new job so it's been a lot of changes for me not to mention this crazy situation we are all going through at the moment. Today I have a cute and fun card that is perfect to send to a friend to remind them that everything is going to be okay. Let's get started!



I cut 3 pieces of white cardstock using the winter forest cover die. I also cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock in A2 size which I will ink blend for my background. I used distress oxides inks in spun sugar, worn lipstick and shaded lilac. Then I used MFT mini cloud stencil using the same color combo. I love the results of this because it creates a dreamy sky effect. I also splattered some water for more texture. 


Next I stamped the cute sloths from the little agenda collection. I colored them using copic markers and cut them out using their coordinating dies. There are 20 of these little guys in total and it was hard to choose which ones to use on my card. Here's closer look at them.


To assemble my card panel, I adhered the 3 forests die cuts together and my inked background. I arranged all the sloths where I wanted them then used liquid glue and foam tapes to a few. I also added some leaves from the birch trees die using a minty green cardstock. I decided to put a frame using craft cardstock to tie the the whole scene together.


Finally I stamped the sentiment "sending you a smile" from the big news set on a fishtail banner and adhered it on the bottom left corner of the card panel.

I hope you like this fun card and I have inspired you today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hugs and smiles!!

~Gladys

Products:
Mama Elephant Big News
Mama Elephant Little Sloth Agenda
Mama Elephant Birch Trees
Mama Elephant Winter Forest Cover
My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edges
My Favorite Things Blueprints 32
Strathmore Bristol Smooth
Distress Oxide Spun Sugar
Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick
Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac




No comments