Beautiful safari

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Hi friends! I hope you have been enjoying the amazing new release from Penguin Palace. We have so many more inspirations to share with you. Today I have a beautiful safari slimline card with an interactive element.

I used the small dotted slimline die cut twice from Bristol smooth cardstock. I ink blended the sky using blueprint sketch, dusty concord and mustard seed distress oxide inks. On the other panel I blended tea dye and vintage photo then cut it using a hill die. I splattered both panels with some water and diluted blueprint sketch and vintage photo. Afterwards I adhered the grass and bush borders to the brown panel. 
I stamped the images from Beautiful Africa, colored with copic markers and cut using their coordinating dies. 
For the pull tab element I used the new slimline pull tab die. I wanted to hide the mechanism so I made sure I cut the slit right below the bushes. I adhered the lion onto the pull tab but found that it was not sturdy enough. To fix it I used the lion die to cut it again and back this onto the colored image. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock then trimmed it down. I adhered the entire panel onto my card base using stacked foam tape, I found this makes it easier for the recipient to pull the tab.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!! 

No comments