Barnyard critters birthday card

Friday, April 29, 2022

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog! Today I have a birthday card inspiration featuring My Favorite Things stamps and dies. Let's get started!
To begin I stamped the images from Barnyard Birthday with milk chocolate ink. I really like the playful critters and fun sentiments in this set perfect for celebrating any occasions. I colored them using my Copic markers and cut them out with their coordinating dies. 
Next I cut the main panel from Bristol smooth cardstock that is slightly smaller than A2 size. I began ink blending using distress oxide inks. I used the colors picked raspberry, saltwater taffy, and scattered straw. I diluted picked raspberry with some water and splattered it onto the panel using a small paint brush. To ground the animals I cut the grass border from green cardstock and darken the edges with pine needle distress ink.
I adhered the images with double side foam tape for dimension. I white heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock. Then I adhered the panel onto green gingham paper to give a nice border. For a final touch I used the little stars dies to cut from Lawn Fawn's pixie dust cardstock and scattered them on the sky. 

Thanks for joining me and I hope you like this barnyard birthday card. Have a wonderful day!

No comments