Life's a Picnic - Lawn Fawn

Sunday, July 19, 2020
Summer is in full swing and I hope you are able to enjoy it despite this pandemic crisis. Today I have a card to share with you that has all the elements for a wonderful summer picnic. 

I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock for my background and blended wilted violet and broken china distress oxide inks. I knew I wanted to set my images onto grass so I cut another piece of the Bristol cardstock using Lawn Fawn meadow backdrop. I inked the grass area using mowed lawn and shabby shutters oxide inks. I diluted the same colors with a bit of water then used a small brush to splatter them onto my panels. I set both panels to the side to let it dry so I can begin coloring the images.


I used the adorable new set from Lawn Fawn called Crazy Antics. This set has a couple cute mice, various yummy snacks and several of the cutest ants. I used the sun from the Happy Village stamp set.  I colored the images using copic markers and cut them out using their coordinating dies. 


I glued both background panels and adhered the images using foam tape for dimension. To fill in the top panel I added clouds from the meadow backdrop. Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the set using milk chocolate ink. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

3 comments

  1. Such a super adorable take on our "Fun with Food" challenge!! LOVE your picnicing mice! Fabulous inking and coloring too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete