Fall buddies

Saturday, November 7, 2020


Hi friends, thanks for stopping by! I have a slimline fall theme card using some older set from Hello Bluebird. I hope you will like it.


While I love fall colors I decided to use non-traditional colors for this card. A few weeks ago I started playing around with the new slimline die from Mama Elephant called Slim Woodland. I ink blended the grass with twisted citron and lucky clover then the tree with walnut stain distress inks. I had other intentions for this die but I really wanted to use it for a fall theme. 


When I have a creative block I create a lot of ink backgrounds and just color a bunch of images. I had these colored images from HB Leafy Play and when I laid it on top of the slimline background I really liked it. I knew I wanted a pink sky so I used festive berries, picked raspberry and spun sugar. If you know me I like to add splatters to my inked background. I pick one of the colors I used for my background in this case picked raspberry and dilute it with some water. I also added some white acrylic paint using a small brush. 


I added other critters from another set called Fall Buddies. The sentiment is also from that set. Before I didn't know how to mixed stamp sets but Hello Bluebird makes it easy to combine sets together. I really like how this scene turned out and I'm happy I was able to use the slimline die.

I hope you enjoy my card. Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!!

No comments