Beep Beep

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Hello friends, welcome back to my blog. Thanks for being here! I have been crafting my heart out and I'm enjoying it. It does takes me a lot of time and effort to make one single card but it brings me so much joy when the end result makes me happy. I don't really have a plan when I create cards, most of the time I just go with the flow until I like how it looks. The card I'm sharing today is an example. 

I really wanted to use the carpool die from MFT and of course I had to do a birthday theme because a card maker can never have enough birthday cards. I cut all the pieces with colored cardstock then adhere them using liquid glue. I stamped the images from Better Together with milk chocolate ink. I colored them with copic markers and used their coordinating dies to cut them out. I set them aside like many of my colored images until I am ready to create with them. I started creating background panels with stencils again, I love this technique. Stencils add so much interest to an otherwise plain panel.

For my background I cut a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock from MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX. I softly blended worn lipstick and wild honey distress oxide inks starting from the corner of the panels to the center. Then with a heavier hand I blended the same colors on top of MFT Radiating Rays stencil.

I white heat embossed a sentiment from Birth-Yay stamp set on black cardstock. I added the critters on the car then placed foam tape before adhering them onto the panel. I added some white highlights on the critters cheeks and balloons with white gel pen. I also put glossy accents on the penguins glasses for a shiny finish. Finally I cut a piece of red cardstock to mat the card panel.


These little carpool die is so much fun to put together. You can use many different color cardstock or pattern paper, so many possibilities. I created a couple more and will be using for different occasions. I hope you enjoy this birthday card. I appreciate you stopping by and wish you a wonderful day. Hugs!
 









No comments