Flying By

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Hello crafty friends! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I know it's been awhile since my last post but I started a new job. I have been going into the office a lot more so I had to mentally and physically prepare for a new routine after working from home for over a year like a lot of people. Fortunately my job is a lot closer to where I live so my commute is not too bad. I got to wear my office clothes again and it was nice to dress up a little. Anyway I got a lot of new craft goodies and made a few cards so I'm excited to share them with you. The first one is from Hello Bluebird's latest release. 

As always the new release was full of amazing products and I wanted everything but I didn't this time. The first one that I added to my cart was of course the air balloon set. It's got this huge hot air balloon and you can add different critters in the basket. There's also some cute birds and banners you can attached to the basket or balloon. I stamped the images with milk chocolate ink and colored with copic markers then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I did have trouble cutting out the air balloon, although it looks like it lined up it wasn't. So my way around it was to die cut it first then stamped it. I don't know if the die is defective but I thought I'd mentioned it in case anyone else has the same issue.
Next I cut out the cloud cover die multiple times from white thick cardstock. Initially I wanted to create a shaker card but I decide not to because I didn't want to cover up too much of the inked panel. For the main panel I ink blended distress oxide inks in the colors, chipped sapphire, wilted violet, salty ocean and peacock feathers. I splattered the same inks onto the panel as well as some Gansai Tambi watercolor for more interest.  

I adhered the air balloon and critters using double sided foam tape. The sentiment is from the set and it is white heat embossed on black cardstock then cut using a fishtail banner die. That is my card for today I hope you like it. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll be back soon!! 
 

Products used:

Hello Bluebird Flying High stamp set
Hello Bluebird Flying High coordinating dies
Hello Bluebird Partly Cloudy die
Mama Elephant Peek a Frame cuts
My Favorite Things milk chocolate ink
Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners die
WOW Super fine bright white embossing powder
VersaMark watermark stamp pad
Wagner heat tool
Gansai Tambi Starry colors
Bearly Art Precision craft glue
Distress Oxide Inks
Copic Markers
Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock
Neenah 110lb cardstock
Art-n-Fly white gel pen
Double sided foam tape


No comments