Wild About You

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Hi friends! I'm back with another card using a new stamp set from Hello Bluebird. I love these jungle critters, they're the perfect size to add to big sentiments as shown in many of the design team inspirations. Here's my take on it. 

First I ink blended distress oxide inks on Bristol smooth cardstock. I used the colors blueprint sketch, salvage patina, cracked pistachio, and shaded lilac. For more interest I splattered diluted blueprint sketch, white gouache paint and Gansai Tambi starry colors using a small paint brush. While I let my panel dry I started coloring the images.
I stamped the images with milk chocolate ink then colored with copic markers and cut out using their coordinating dies. For the sentiment I cut out the "Wild About You" word die 3x on white cardstock and once on blue cardstock. I stacked up all the letters in white and then off center the blue letters to give it a nice dimension.
I adhered the word die on the center of the panel and arranged the critters on it, some hanging on the letters and some on each side of the sentiment. To fill in the scene I also used some florals and leaves from an older stamp set by Hello Bluebird. You can find the products I used listed below.
Next I framed the scene using the zig zag die from Gallery Frame 3. To complete my card I added Nuvo crystal drops on the center of the flowers. I love how this card turned out. I did have a boo boo and thought I lost this card but I managed to salvage it. I forgot to let the Nuvo drops dry and it smeared all over the panel. I had to replace some of the images but I think for the most part I fixed it. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Products used:

Hello Bluebird Word Buddies Jungle stamps
Hello Bluebird Word Buddies Jungle coordinating dies
Hello Bluebird More Jungle Littles stamps (leaves)
Hello Bluebird More Jungle Littles  dies (leaves)
Hello Bluebird Fairy Garden stamps (flower)
Hello Bluebird Fairy Garden dies (flower) 
Hello Bluebird Hello Frame #3 die
Mama Elephant Peek a Frame cuts
My Favorite Things milk chocolate ink
Gansai Tambi Starry colors
Bearly Art Precision craft glue
Distress Oxide Inks
Copic Markers
Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock
MFT Blueberry prestige cardstock
Neenah 110lb cardstock
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Simply White
Double sided foam tape

No comments