Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 9, 2021

 

Today we are celebrating Mother's Day in the US so I would like to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all have a relaxing day and have some me time to enjoy the things you love. 
I created this card using the beautiful floral stamp set called Radiance from Crafty Meraki. There are lots of inspirations from the design team using this set and they're all so gorgeous I knew I had to try it out. I really enjoyed coloring this with alcohol markers and I know it would be amazing using watercolors too. I fussy cut around the image which was not difficult to do because it's such a large image. I did add a few embellishments using Nuvo jewel drops for the center of the small flowers. I also added some highlights using a white gel pen.  

For my card panel I ink blended blueprint sketch, salty ocean, peacock feathers and cracked pistachio distress oxide inks. I splattered some water and diluted blueprint sketch using a small paint brush. 

Next I adhered double sided foam tape on the back of the image and mount it onto the inked panel. To complete the card I heat embossed the sentiment from the set onto vellum using super fine white embossing powder. I love the simplicity of this card and the colored floral takes the center stage. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!  


No comments