Rain or Shine

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Hello! Today I wanted to share a card I made using the flower shower stamp set from Mama Elephant. This stamp is similar to the set from Simon Says Stamps Stamptember limited collection a few years ago. I'm happy ME decided to release this one so if you missed the SSS you can snatch this version instead. 
First I stamped the critters using alcohol friendly ink. I used copic markers to color them and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. There are four critters holding a flower/leaf, some puddles, raindrops and a turtle. 
For my background I ink blended the sky using distress oxide inks. I went with a soft pastel color and I love using these color combinations together. It's wilted violet, peacock feathers and spun sugar. I splattered some water and diluted wilted violet onto the panel for more interest. 
To ground the images I used a grass die cut from light green cardstock. I inked the grass edges using cracked pistachio to add more depth.
I heat embossed the sentiment onto navy cardstock and trimmed it down. I love dimension on my card so I popped all the images and grass border with double sided foam tape. To fill in the scene I added some clouds to balance the top part of the panel. Finally I added some white highlights using a white gel pen.

That completes my card, I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!
 

Products used:

Mama Elephant Flower Shower stamps
Mama Elephant Flower Shower coordinating dies
Mama Elephant Fly with Me stamps (clouds)
Mama Elephant Fly with Me coordinating dies (clouds)
Mama Elephant Peek a Frame cuts
My Favorite Things Grassy Hills dienamics
My Favorite Things milk chocolate ink
My Favorite Things Blueberry prestige cardstock
My Favorite Things Spearmint cardstock
Bearly Art Precision craft glue
Art-n-Fly white gel pen
WOW Opaque Bright White Super Fine powder
Wagner heat tool
Distress Oxide Inks
Copic Markers
Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock
Neenah 110lb cardstock
Double sided foam tape

No comments