2024 Lunar New Year

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Hello friends! Today I have a last-minute entry for the Lunar New Year challenge. 


The Lunar New Year begins on February 10 and last more than two weeks. It is to celebrate the arrival of Spring and start of a new year according to the Chinese calendar. Each year is named after an animal, this is the year of the Dragon. Growing up in Hawaii we celebrated in a huge way. I always enjoyed the parades where they do the dragon dance. I also loved seeing all the beautiful designs and of course the food and money envelopes were a special treat. 

For my card I used bunny images which was last year's Lunar animal. I'm hoping to make another Lunar card using a dragon stamp set before the holiday ends. But I really wanted to participate in the challenge, so this is what I came up with. 
To start, I stamped the Lunar bunnies with Gina K chocolate truffle ink. I colored them using Copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.
I used a six-window cover die to cut from white cardstock. I ink blended on the negative circles then use it to inlay onto the panel to add some color to the background. I adhered the bunnies with double sided foam tape onto the windows and used one of the windows to stamp the sentiment. I went with the traditional gold and red colors for the Lunar New Year. That is all for me I hope you like it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful day!

Products Used:
Mama Elephant Lunar Bunnies stamps and dies
Mama Elephant Six Window cover die

Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple and Mustard Seed



No comments