Mermaid Kisses shaker card - Mama Elephant

Wednesday, August 12, 2020




Hello dear friends! Recently my kids and I watched Little Mermaid and it inspired me to make this card. I haven't created a shaker card in a very long time so I thought I would give it a try again.   



For my card panel I used Bristol smooth cardstock which is cut from Mama Elephant scale cover die. I ink blended it using distress oxides inks in spun sugar, picked raspberry, abandoned coral, dried marigold, twisted citron, broken china, and shaded lilac. I wanted a pastel rainbow so I lightly blended the colors together.


Next I stamped and colored the images from Mermaid Kisses stamp set. I colored them using copic markers then cut them out using their coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiment on the top center of the card panel. Then I adhered my images below the sentiment using foam tape for dimension. I glued some clear bubbles to the right of the mermaid. I also added white highlights on the images using a gelly roll pen.


Next I cut a piece of white cardstock using My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Frames dienamics then I glued the coordinating shaker pouch to the frame. I placed a few of Pretty Pink Posh iridescent sequins on the card panel. I tried to pick colors that match the colors on my card. I used anti-static powder on the frame so the sequins don't get stuck on them. I carefully glued down the frame onto the card panel and that was it. It was very easy to put together and I love that it's not bulky. It perfectly fits on an A2 size envelope. That is all for me today. Have a wonderful day!




No comments