Because of You

Sunday, April 11, 2021


Happy Sunday! I'm back with a Crafty Meraki inspiration featuring beautiful floral card.

I know this isn't my usual cutesy critter card so this was out of my comfort zone but overall I'm happy with the results. For this card I used the Little Things stamp set. I heat embossed the floral cluster on Bristol smooth cardstock using Altenew's platinum embossing powder. It has been awhile since I used my Zig color brush so it was time to dust them off. I chose vibrant colors for a fresh and happy vibe. It took me a long time to watercolor because 1) I don't really know how to watercolor and 2) I was being careful not to add too much water. I like the colors to have a smooth transition without harsh lines so I went really slow. 

Once I completed coloring, I covered as much of the floral cluster then added splatters with diluted black soot distress ink. For the center of the flowers I used Nuvo crystal drops in simply white and mustard seed. I also scattered some Studio Katia clear jewels. 

For the sentiment I white heat embossed on dark gray cardstock and adhered to the top left of the panel. Finally I backed the panel with double sided foam tape and matted it on top of dark gray cardstock measuring A2 size. I hope you enjoy seeing this card. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your day!

No comments