Bond with nature

Friday, April 9, 2021

Hello! I'm back with a mini slimline card featuring the Bond with Nature Canada stamp set from Penguin Palace. 

This is my first time making this new popular card size. This mini slimline measures a little over 6"x 3 1/4". First I cut the background panel using the dotted die from the shadow box card stand alone dies. I masked off the moon using a piece of post it tape then I ink blended the panel with wilted violet, chipped sapphire and black soot to create a night time scene. I splattered some white gouache paint and Gansai Tambi watercolors to add lots of stars in the sky. 

I cut another piece of Bristol smooth cardstock with the dotted die to create the lake and ground. I like the borders to match to create a seamless finish. I blended mermaid lagoon for the lake, tea dye and vintage photo for the ground. I also cut the mountain landscape from MFT eiffel tower cardstock.  

Next I colored the images from the stamp set using copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I created a camping scene with the cute bear and a friendly beaver joins him to roast some marshmallows. I also added the suspension bridge that my friend always talks about on his visits to Canada. It sounds fun but I would be scared of the swaying from everyone walking on the bridge at the same time.
For my sentiment I didn't want to cover up the sky too much so I decided to do some embossing on vellum. I adhered the vellum across the panel and I like the way that look. That is all for me.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!







No comments