Otterly Adore

Monday, January 18, 2021

Hello there! This is my entry for My Favorite Things sketch challenge. I hope you like it.

                                             
I created a slimline shaker card for this challenge. First I cut my card panel from Bristol smooth cardstock using Trinity Stamps slimline dies. I lightly ink blended the panel with distress oxide inks in wilted violet, shaded lilac and peacock feathers. Then I used MFT perfect pool stencil. I think this is such a unique stencil and I love the texture it adds onto a background. I blended the same oxide inks with a heavier hand creating a darker outline from the stencil. I colored all the otters from Otterly Love You stamp set with copic markers and cut them using their coordinating dies. 


For the shaker I used the circle shaker window dienamics. There is a coordinating shaker pouch for this but I couldn't find mine so I die cut it several times with white cardstock and once from Lawn Fawn's metallic silver cardstock. I have these tiny heart embellishments from Martha Stewart and they were perfect because their flat. I lined up the circles as straight as I could right on the center of the panel.



I chose a few of the otters to adhere to each of the circles. Next I white heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock and used a fishtail banner to cut it out. I thought the circles needed something so I added some flatback jewels from Pretty Pink Posh all around it and that completes my card. 

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today. Hugs!! 



1 comment